Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Hey, it's your buddy John!" -John, Wall-E


My good buddy John Fisher is quite the artist, and he gives me some masterpieces from his vast collection of sermon-time drawings. Picking out some of the ones that looked like they had some great interpretations I decided to do my own.

Look at the first one. Now, I don't know if you see exactly like what you see, but here's what I got: A dinosaur (that's obvious), in a boxish-looking thing, with a caveman with a hammer on top of the box. Oh yeah, and a flying, hairy fart ball...don't forget about that.

So looking at all these things I asked myself, What could all these things mean? Figuring John had some deep meaning behind the art, that he didn't tell me, I knew I needed to find out what it was. The final conclusion I came to was The Best Dinosaur Trap Ever! It's so obvious! Once I came to this marvelous understanding, it was easy to create my own depiction of the scene.

There you have it! Dead dinosaur, caveman, trap, but WHAT'S THIS?? I guess I forgot about the flying hairy fart ball!! Oh well, I replaced it for a spear instead I suppose.

If you couldn't tell John loves dinosaurs, so following a similar pattern to the last one, I came up with my own version of what I call Krogasaur! Notice the head that contrasts with its disconnected, slug like body. The eyebrow, the twiggy arms...I am just beginning to realize this kid's genius!



I hope you enjoyed this month's John and Ben combo art! Tune in next month for another installment! Maybe!

4 comments:

Emily said...

You WOULD make the dead dinosaur a girl. Haha.
Also, it looks like his has eight legs. Where did your other four disappear to? :P

Ben said...

I figured those were the other sides to the legs. Each leg is made up of two sticks.

Emily said...

Ahh. I see. I guess that's why I'm not an artist - I take things too literally. Haha

Ben said...

Hahaha. No. Probably more like I didn't want to draw four arms and four legs. John's artistic genius never ceases to amaze.