Saturday, July 10, 2010

Netherlands vs. Spain

On the way to the pool yesterday, my mom told me about a story she read on the internet that morning. Here is the story, as I understand it, in short: Octopus Paul, an octopus (duh) who for every two flags of the teams playing in the World Cup, note: not every game was placed in front of him, picked in advance the team that would pull ahead by climbing into the container with a flag on it. For the final game tomorrow, he has chosen the one with Spain on it.
Mani is a parakeet who has done similarly, picking the flag of the winning team before they've even played, but he has chosen the Netherlands to take the trophy.

Only one animal can be correct... Which will it be?

Now I have to say, who picked such random animals to put countries flags in front of to see how good they would do? And who would have guessed an octopus and a parakeet would have guessed so well? Obviously people have way too much time on their hands. And even more, the guy who did a drawing of the random animals and their predictions.

Follow the link here for the whole story about Octopus Paul and Mani the parakeet.

I have a whole bunch more drawings I want to put on here! Even some I did before my other World Cup post. But most the art I have been doing recently has been painting my room, which I just got pretty much done today. Looking at my painting skills, it kind of made me want to re-think my trying to become an artist as a profession. Hahaha, we'll see. Man, taking wallpaper off is nooo fun, but the deed is done. And I just rhymed...See ya' next time'd.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Haha. Now that...is an awesome drawing.
I heard about the octopus, but not the parakeet. That's funny. In a ridiculous sort of way.
GOOOOOO SPAIN!!

Also, I agree about wallpaper removing. And I'm cuious to know what color you painted your room, just because you wouldn't tell me.