Monday, February 22, 2010

Many random things, enjoy

I have noticed that recently I haven't had any good long rants recently about stuff I barely know anything about. So, I thought I would draw your attention to my renaissance post which I just so happened to remember over the weekend. I call that one the renaissance drawing because that is when I totally tried to just copy Shane Lewis and abuse his talents, I mean use his talents to make them my own style. Or at least watch what he does and learn from his knowledge.

It is interesting how much copying someone helps improve one's style. I remember I would hide my drawings from my younger siblings so they wouldn't steal all my brilliant ideas. Now I just tell them to look at Shane's blog. I show them my stuff now, but only because they don't want to copy me anymore...now that they can look at his blog. If there wasn't some real pride issues going on in my heart before, I'm sure that they are there now. Lol (which really means: looks of laughter).

I have been thinking about putting labels on my blog. That way you can see just how many times Superman and my characters from Farm City have shown up. Tagging my pre-renaissance ignorance, and my post-enlightenment era (after saw Daniel Torres' and Shane Lewis' blogs) art.

Hey, it turns out I did get a nice long post after all! Oh yeah, there is an "at" missing in the third box-second word bubble in the comic strip.

2 comments:

Colin said...

Benscomix get many looks of laughter from me. :D

Good job, bro! Keep drawing and posting and being awesome!

Emily said...

I...can't...make...the cow's head in the title box make sense. it seems like half a face to me. I feel retarded.

besides that, awesome!! I love your comix. they're hilarious!