Thursday, April 1, 2010

Exceptions

Here fellows is the most masterful piece of art you have ever seen...and it can take the place of last month's complete lack of art. April Fools! Well, at least to the first half. If you opened your eyes today, or didn't and just saw the back of your eyelids, you saw the greatest art of all-God's art. No April fools joke in that.

Well another not April fools joke was yesterday in Spanish class. Apparently each of us were supposed to bring photos of ourselves as kids to class. In my exceptional Spanish to English translation skills I heard that it was due on a Wednesday, apparently I must have paraphrased and got my weeks mixed up. Yeah my skills are "exceptional." Anyway, I did realize once I sat down that something was awry...or at least once I saw everyone in class had pictures of themselves as kids. "That was today?" I asked myself, wondering how I had messed that up. Just then I remembered that my teacher said that if we didn't bring a photo, the only exception was we would have to draw a picture of ourselves. Still confused about my language skills, I debated how I was going to draw myself. Thankfully the guy who sits behind me also had exceptional translating abilities and gave me a great idea. "Yeah, I'm just going to draw a stick figure or something," he said. Later when the teacher came by and asked in Spanish if I had a picture, I translated this one a little better and said, "Un dibujo." I grabbed a piece of paper while the people I was supposed to talk with about the photos looked on and with my exceptional three second drawing skills. "Add some hair," said one of the people, "and some teeth." We were supposed to have other people in some of the photos were were supposed to bring. So, I drew my brother, or my cousin...or my uncle? Stick figures don't have exceptionally outstanding features.

And that is the true story of the "exceptional" art above. April Fools! Ok, most of it was true. Obviously my skills are a joke, but I don't get to say April Fools very often. It is such a great holiday when you think about it. A whole day devoted to pulling pranks on each other. Man! I wish April came around more often. April Fools! I wish summer came around more often, and that isn't a joke.

Hopefully I will be posting some old drawings that were forgotten about from the end of February and all of March. There were not very many exciting things that happened last month. April Fools! ...Guess you will have to wait and see...or hear...or read...

1 comment:

Emily said...

Haha. Well, that just might be the most exceptional stick person I have ever seen...
I've been meaning to find out how April Fool's started because it is, in my opinion, the weirdest (not really a) holiday to be marked on American calendars.