Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Mermaids






Starting monday, I started to read the oringinal 2nd book in the Chronicals of Narnia, "Prince Caspian" It's a great book, but one could expect that from C.S. Lewis. I won't tell the story because of the upcomming movie...http://narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=1355&dl=14478175...but I will tell you the story behind this drawing.
In the 2nd chapter Susan finds a golden chess peice, it turns out it's there's, just very old... "It brings back-oh, such lovely times," said Susan, "And I remember playing chess with fauns and good giants, and the mer-people singing in the sea..." so I thought, How can you play chess with a mermaid? how can that even happen...? I know for me, playing chess would be the last thing I would do with a mermaid. so i drew susan, playing chess w/ the mermaid...

But don't get me wrong, mermaids are awesome! in sooo many ways! here are a few...
  • They live and breath water, very cool
  • Mermaids have awesome singing voices that would make any octopus-witch jealous
  • Half their bodies are something like fish tails, which I have to say is their coolest attribute
  • And along with the last one, mermaids are part fish, part human. (Who was doing the whacked-up breeding, no idea) but along with that they even help Darwin's theory. He said we started out as fish-like creatures right? screw monkeys. Mermaids are missing links.

ok, I don't know if that last one was cool, but whatever, mermaids are awesome.

1 comment:

Colin said...

"screw monkeys. Mermaids are missing links."

lol dude...

but seriously...i love the book and the drawing.