Thursday, February 7, 2008

hap-p-p-pub-pub-irthday



Well, today is Angel's birthday. Yesterday, she fell and her eye looks as though she has a black eye, but as my mom keeps saying, it's not black, yet...

I was working on a story outside on my trampoline today which I might still do, but while I was going out, the age old story of Tawnie running after a bird. And as always, the bird flew up on the wall and chirped. Birds love mocking us, specially Tawnie. I feel bad for her, the crows sometimes circle right obove our house crowing, (which sounds much more like laughing) and swoop down just out of her reach to mock her. so I ditched the other story and worte this one,

Tawnie sits in the backyard with eyes ever on her,
The afternoon looks pretty boring, then down swoops a blur.

The blur lands on a chair with evil pranks to plan,
This crow and others make up a childish clan.

Tawnie, seeing the black bit of wing,
Runs as fast as she can, to catch that evil thing.

She lunges with speed, but oh, is too late,
The bird flies overhead and lands on the gate.

Mocking and chuckling to themselves as crows often do,
They’re mean taunts seem to say, “We got you!”

The dog runs fast as lighting biting this way and that,
She almost caught the crow, but that flying rat,

Flew up and with a retreating look in his eye,
Flew in the tree where the dog could not reach it was too high.

He recovered, while the other birds just chirped and cried and was brought to tears,
“These birds,” Tawnie growled, “have bothered me for years!”

“You cowards!” Tawnie barked showing off her fangs,
But the noise of laughter was in Tawnie’s ears, and it rang.

“If I had wings like you dolts, I could have you in my grasp,
Then you stupid birds would feel my k-9 wrath!”

They laughed on and with their chirps they said,
“You’ll never catch us, if you do call us fools,” what was in Tawnie’s face was anticipation and drool.

Then more crows leaped off the tree and the story happened again,
By this time Tawnie was getting tired of this trend.

“I’m tired of those crows making fun of me,
I wish I had a wing or two, or three?”

The crows, chuckled on, how this amazing thing happened no one knows,
But as Tawnie was feeling down three wings did grow!

The crows slowly stopped laughing, they watched with amazement,
If the dog wasn’t there enemy this would have been great entertainment.

Fur and feathers were in the air and with some difficulty,
The dog flew over to them, she was now a ‘wing-ed Tawnie.’

The crows flew and scattered, and Tawnie said with a growl,
“Ha, ha! I’ve got you now, you foul fowls!”

She chased and dashed and threw the birds off guard,
She chased those nasty birds all around the yard.

But what goes up must come down,
The third wing threw Tawnie off, and went crashing to the ground.

The clan got themselves back together, while the wings disappeared.
“So much for the flying pet,” one of the crows jeered.

“Hmm,” Tawnie sighed, “I guess this is the way things should be.”
And the crows continued to laugh, and bug, sitting Tawnie.

yes, i know, 'grasp' and 'wrath' don't look or sound like they ryme at all. Well, that's because, they don't. I wrote this on-spot i guess you could say? ya, whadd'a ya want? if you want one that real thought went into read the other ryming story I put on here, http://benscomix.blogspot.com/2008/01/fox-and-duck.html.

well, i don't like this one as much as my last post. speaking of last post. my youngest brother pointed out that, when susan metions the mer-people she doesn't exactly say that she played chess with them. just that they were singing while she and others played chess...

aight I'm outta' here, ttyl (ta, ta, ya lemons)

2 comments:

mattymash said...

ttyl was somthing I made up.

Colin said...

Nice...It would be cool to see those flying rats get beaten at their own game. (-: