Thursday, December 15, 2011

Do you recall?

Context? "You know Dasher and Dancer, and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid, and Donner and Blitzen, But do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all?" Wow. Wow. How stupid do you think we are Bing? Do you think we remembered the names of the all the obscure reindeer forgetting the name of the most famous one? This is a duh moment, and thus needed to be preserved in comic strip style.

Christmas songs have a lot of der-moments: Do you hear what I hear? No, I'm not you. Shall I play [my drum] for him? (Par-um-pum-pum-pum) First of all, you're already playing it (duh-duh-duh-duh-duh). And secondly, heck no! The child is shivering in the cold and probably trying to sleep! Do something useful. There'll be scary ghost stories and tales...that's enough. What family were you raised in? Ya, let's scare the kids on Christmas. Instead of opening gifts (which it doesn't mention in the entire song) let's freak out the children. What a good idea.
Not to be repetitive but I talked a little bit on this last year.

More epic der-moments to come as my month long Christmas posting continues.

2 comments:

Tessica said...

lol. so true :)

Jaden said...

Whoa, I was seriously just thinking about that Rudolph one ;)