Monday, December 12, 2011

Got some 'splain'in' to do!

Christmas time is here again, so settle down for story time with Ben! If the big sign I'm holding isn't self explanatory, let me clue you in on how much I love Christmas, and am not a Scrooge. Can't you see my big, otherworldly, and cheesy smile I have pasted on? Not to mention my loving and totally wanted one-armed side hug? Since I know you do see 'em, let me explain the sign a little bit...

Four score and back in July ago, my brother had the crazy idea to start listening to Christmas music *eh-hem* six months in advance. This I would be totally fine with me except for the fact that it's six months in advance. After having to put up with this in years past, I voiced my opinion, as in years past, and got some lame excuse about how Christmas break was the next break he had to look forward t-anway...it was lame. Thus our "family feud" continued into October but wasn't accompanied by Al from Home Improvement or that loud buzzing sound, and I decided to take my argument of playing Christmas music during Christmas time to the next level. The Internet. I informed the public of my brother's ill problem, but to my surprise and dismay, everyone supported him. Thus began a continuous, down word spiral of my beautiful name being soiled by the same crotchety one as Scrooge. That's crazy! Me in line with Scrooge? That's like putting Justin Bieber in line a good musician. It just is not right... I am only here to inform you folks how much I am not a Scrooge and how much a just looove hearing the songs of Christmas, all twelve of them, throughout the year. Can't you tell by my smile?

And just to show you how much I am a Ben (and not a Scrooge), I will be posting Christmas stuff all December long! Remember, I love Christmas!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hey! I definitely did not support him :P Christmas music is seasonal for a reason. It's supposed to be special.
Love your drawing! Can't wait to see your non-scroogey self this weekend :)

Emily said...

PS...have you heard Justin Bieber's Christmas album? That right there is Christmas music that should never be played.

Ben said...

Hahaha, no I haven't. I'll be sure to avoid it ;P