Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Recap


If you were wondering why my blog hasn't had any drawings on it for awhile; this is the reason. But it is finally done!!! I checked the properties after finishing it this afternoon so I would know just how long it has taken me to color this thing. The small dates on the bottom are the coloring dates beginning to end. The "much else" I said I wasn't doing...well, this is it. I put this one with the other one on its original post so that way you could see all the changes I've made. I hope to to color all my drawings, so you should really check back to my blog in the year 2057 to see how it went...well go? ...I don't know.

I started coloring this when the weather got really strange. First it would rain for two days, then be really hot, then be overcast, rain, overcast, a week of really hot, and rain some more. It was overcast, hot, then rained all in one last week. We were on the overcast rotation with small showers this past week. This weather is so strange, that perhaps with the holidays coming up, snow will even clock in for a shift.

The other day (or month) I reached for the floss and poked it between my pearly whites as usual. What was unusual was that about half way through I noticed something different. "What's different," I thought as I licked the string, "...flavor! It has flavor! Mint flavor; of sorts." Apparently after my last experience, Target fired that wise guy that forgot to put flavor on all the floss I ever purchased from any of their stores. I knew something was wrong with that last batch. The only problem now is that when you have flavor, you sacrifice the ability to hold on the floss. I guess they literally do wax up the floss with mint flavor, but now I can't hold it. Target was smart however, because now that I can't hold it once it touches any sort of saliva, I have to get a new piece. (Not to mention they made it really weak so it come apart into little individual strings if it even sees a tooth.) The more pieces I have to go through, the faster I go through that whole little box, and the faster I have to buy more. Hey, he really was a wise guy.

2 comments:

Emily said...

apparently, you're doing pretty well teaching yourself Photoshop. it looks great!

Ben said...

haha thanks.