Thursday, April 8, 2010

Last Month

As I said I would post some drawings from last month and one from before that, here is what I got. Next month I will get around to posting pictures from this month...

I've kinda been waiting for color on this guy-Shaun White as the Vancouver Olympics guy. That was February.

This one above is the drawing for my spring break, which consisted of fun times with the bros and friends and many crazy games of ball tag.



And this guy...your guess is as good as mine...I drew him in my math book. Picking that heavy book up was kind of a pain.

Those drawings pretty much some up last month, fun times followed by a ton of catch up school work.

As I said a little earlier, and this is a little of a disappointment for those of who check my blog somewhat regularly, all two of you, I have kind of been waiting to draw/post until I have figured out how to use Photoshop and can color my drawings. I kinda' need someone to teach me how to use it. I believe it is time to get out of the old days of black and white and move into the new age, the color age, similar to the 1860s. It is too bad it has taken me this long to get the idea...color is the way of the future.

You know, this whole Photoshop usage stuff reminds me of a story:

Once upon a time in the middle ages (somewhat like the days before the 1860s), there was a young boy named Bart. Bart lived in a small village with his family, and like most homesteads in the middle ages, his house was made of sticks and straw just like all the other houses in the village (note: his house was not made from pig one and two). Bart loved weapons, remember that now.
One day his grandfather came for a visit, bringing along many wagons that had tarps draping over their contents. After Bart and his father helped his grandfather get the wagons in, his grandfather gave his grandson a present. It was the latest catalog from the Med-Evil Times that was trying to sell the latest in good attributes and big time weaponry. "You may choose one to be your own, but," his grandfather told Bart, "you must make the choice wisely."

"Wow," Bart answered, "One of my own!" After one quick glance at the first page, he made up his mind, "That one," he said.

"That one?" his grandfather said lifting his brow, "you don't take your time deciding, do you?"

The "one" was a randomly combusting bow and arrow combo. "You don't even know how to use it," his grandfather continued as he flipped to a page on good attributes.

"No," he replied, not look at the catalog any longer.

His grandfather looked into his eyes, "Perhaps before you purchase that one, you first learn how to use it. There is nothing more important than knowledge and wisdom."

"Yeah sure gramps," Bart said, "get the arrow man."

"You sure you don't want knowledge to learn how to use it?"

"Grandfather, you said whichever one I chose..."

With that his grandfather reached under the tarp and pulled out the arrow that would light itself on fire. Bart's grandfather handed him the weapon. The boy could hardly believe this was happening, it was the first real weapon he was going to be allowed to hold. Bart snatched the bow and the arrow, slit the arrow on the bow, and launched it into the air. As the arrow traveled it caught itself on fire and landed right on top of his own home. The sticks and straw didn't hold up too well against the flame from the arrow. As Bart watched his home be destroyed, the bow randomly combusted and burned his hands. By the time Bart looked up from his own troubles, he saw half the town was burning down. The boy turned to his grandpa who he thought was standing right next to him, but he was uncovering the wagons, revealing that all the many wagons were filled with jugs of water. Bart's family and friends were saved by the grandfather's Y2K scare size amount of water which he brought in the wagons.

"If I had asked for something else this never would have happened!" He exclaimed and his grandfather looked pleased, "I knew I should have asked for the spike ball and chain from the catalog!"

"Perhaps instead if you would have asked for knowledge," his grandfather answered, "none of this would have happened."

"Oh yeah," Bart answered, "I wish I had some now."

His grandfather took him by the hand to the last wagon, "You're gaining wisdom my grandson, now gain some knowledge." He reached down into the wagon and pulled out the Med-Evil Bow and Arrow Manuel. "You can still like weapons," he continued, "you just have to know how to use them."

Ya, so that is exactly like what Photoshop is like. Since I don't want to run into something I don't know how to do and burn up the town, I am waiting to post until I have knowledge about Photoshop. So that is why I haven't been posting as often.

2 comments:

Emily said...

That's a good reason.

mattymash said...

I think that you should try and use Photoshop. After all, you don't have to post them onto your blog. You could just experiment and learn. Good story and pictures by the way.