Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It's a draw (No pun intended)

I love the way that Shane puts vacations: "But because vacation days are so limited, I refuse to waste them on boring activities like "resting" or "breathing." In fact, I can't think of the last time I had a day off that wasn't considerably more exhausting than going to work would have been."
I'm not sure there have ever been vacations that I have actually rested well. Think about it... Camping, hoteling, moteling... you name it. I have even been at my house (at least the sleeping part) but the hours aren't great.

This break was the break for theme parks. In this Christmas break I went twice to Disneyland, then Knotts all day the day after the all day second Disneyland trip (which was earlier in the month), then two days ago I went to Six Flags Magic Mountain. The day after that wasn't that exciting. I went to the doctors office for flu shots. ...Didn't think I needed to draw that one.

This drawing symbolizes the tiring, but fun days I had at the amusement parks. Each park playing rock paper scissors. They are at a draw. I was thinking about drawing some of the handsome people I went with to these places, but I couldn't do them justice. So, I will leave you with the cartoon characters that bring the kids to the character's respective park. The reason Mickey is so surprised because he is the only one that I have a pass to go to. Can't believe that he tied.

Sure, I do have a favorite park, but it's not just the ride that make the park so great... it's who you go with. (So it was easy to decide which park was my favorite since I went with just about the same people every time.)

I would say that there is hope for the rest of my vacation, but alas the new year is all that is left. I'm going to die. Just maybe not this vacation.

So long my handsome readers. Have a restful new year!

2 comments:

mattymash said...

I am one of the better handsome readers right?

Emily said...

Pretty sure that rules me out. And you linked to my blog in your last post too...I was so sure we were friends, and now this?!?

Hahaha jk. It would take a lot more than that to keep me away from your blog :P