Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Me three.


As I have mentioned in previous posts, I'm a little weighed down at the moment. There is quite a bit to do. Juggling all these responsibilities has proven to be a challenge. Whenever I catch one thing, I drop another. As I try to pick up that activity off the ground, two others seem to fall. Most of my essentials are still up in the air, but some have plummeted to the earth. (Wow. You will never see me use the word "plummeted" probably ever again.) I'm not even doing as well as this octopus.

Now, you're probably wandering, "Wait a second bub, if you are really as busy as you say you are, then how could you have enough time to A: draw this, B: post this and C: use "plummeted" in a sentence?" Well, I had to drop some things in order to pick these up from their fallen estate.

Actually, I was feeling a lot worse and more weighed down a couple of weeks ago, but now I am actually doing great. Just pray that I will remember this from Colossians 3:15,

"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful."

Now, about the drawing. One thing I did get right about this "me" is the fat head. All those pencils and pens have a background too. Not only have I not used them very much for drawing and school, but I also have on several occasions forgotten to bring any writing utensils to my classes. I think the guy sitting next to me is tired of lending me his.

Happy Friday the 13 a day early everyone! -How often am I going to miss out on posting on all these scary-type holidays?

5 comments:

mattymash said...

Since its so important to post on all the scary holidays.

Colin said...

Is that a TV smashed on the left side?

We have indeed been given the peace of Christ. And remember this: God Himself abides in you and you abide in Him, no matter your circumstances or status.

L. D. Torres said...

i always dig Philippians 4, myself. I love this post, 'bub'. lol, it really shows the progression of your talent in cartooning:
*the double glare in the pupils
*the shade and depth indicated line quality
*the minimalist yet captured essence of spots, cracked glass and clutter...

I'm tellin ya bro, keep it up! oh, and one more thing to add into the juggling act would be color! I'd love to see your color perspective on most of your pieces!

Emily said...

so a singing/guitar-playing walrus plus a koala head plus a juggling octopus equals a Ben?

Holly said...

I miss you. this is wonderful, and so is God