Saturday, November 28, 2009

Ben's Comix



People have been asking me since I started this blog, "Why benscomix?" "What does that mean?" So, I have been telling people (here is the story for those of you who have been wanting to ask): I first started reading the Captain Underpants books by Dav Pilkey when I was, I think seven. I had no original ideas of my own. In the books the two main characters, George and Harold, have a comic book "company" called Tree House Comix Inc. Having no original ideas, my comic book company was called Ben's Comix. Then in either 04 or 05 I used the name to create an account on yahoo, where the name was shortened to benscomix. I have used this name on websites and blogs ever since.

Now you also have been asking, "If you're benscomix, then where are the comics man?!" Well, because of my lack of knowledge of the human anatomy and muscle mass, I have stopped making comic books for a time. But I have been working on comic strip ideas for a while and now have the one that I will post on here. The strip is called Farm City, and is totally copyrighted. The basic run down of the comic is that there is a farm in the middle of the city between two businesses.

There is a large cast of characters spanning from all sorts of animals you would probably ever see on a farm. I have been drawing on a plethora of school work papers to get these guys finished up. The characters are: Jack and Jill Brown (the farmers), their son Jake, Jazz the rooster (who is the main character), Ralph the disgusting dog, Fleas the germophobic cat, Moody the cow (she got her name from her moooooooo-d swing personality), Giblets the pig, Bacon the chicken and other chickens, Oliver the owl, Junior Jr. the fat rabbit, and many other side characters such as sheep, turkeys and groundhogs.

This one isn't very funny, but this is just sort of the starter. There are more on the way!
I drew this one also in ink, but for some reason it won't work on this post. So, two posts in one day.

2 comments:

mattymash said...

GO BENSCOMIX!!!!!!! I've greatly enjoyed watching you come up with this idea. Giblets is hte best name a pig could have for sure. Great idea! Keep up with the good work Bro!!!

Colin said...

Yay! I'm looking forward to reading lots and lots of these comics.