Thursday, November 6, 2008

Labor Day

"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free
and I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me,"

Labor day is a wonderful holiday. A day to celebrate that part of the song above. But in America today, we will do anything we can to get out of labor. Six days shall you work, Nay!
I always thought it funny that on Labor Day, we don't do any labor. Everyone gets the day off of work and school or whatever. So, if we were still going with God Bless the USA, the next part (if about now'a days Labor Day)...

"And I gladly sit down, and not do work, and defend that still today,
'cuz there I know doubt they worked real hard, now there's no work for ME!"

OK, so, as a "good little American", I love getting the day off. No work for me! Yay! But I don't know if that's quite the right attitude. One nice thing about Labor Day, is you can spend it with your family. Growing a relationship with your loved ones is already a good enough idea to take the day off. Another helpful thing I have found is think about those who died so that we can take the day off, (and I guess have a free country...)
Another helpful thing I have found is pray. Pray for those who were before us, those who are now in places of power in our country (which will be great because of our new president), and pray for the future too. I visited a church recently where they stopped worship to pray for the children. I thought that that was such wisdom, pray for the next generation.

I am proud to be an American, where I know I can celebrate God freely. What a country we live in? God bless our new president, God bless this country. We need it!

3 comments:

mattymash said...

That is a awesome post bro. And another thing. What church was it you visited recently? \=^(

Lisa Wright said...

i like it! but what church did you go to?


haylie

Unknown said...

haha this was kinda funny. Not sure if you meant it to be that way...=/ but it was. =P