Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Avengers


I love The Avengers! The movies leading up to the film have been pretty epic, and now, to finally see them all come together is a real treat. When The Weekly Sketchbook's topic was the Avengers, I had so many ideas, but alas had time for one...however, I spent time one three, but this is all you get. I really wanted to do one of Pepper Potts (who in my opinion is the real hero, at least in the case of the Iron Man movie series), and spent a looong time on a drawing. However, I couldn't it get it to look right. The only way I could make her instantly recognizable is if Iron Man was there with her, and I just didn't want to do that. A few photoshop attempts, and several ideas later, I went on to a different female-hero, Natalia Romanova (Black Widow). 

I debated whether to do this one in black-and-white, or with subdued colors. I thought about real black-widow spiders; they are completely black: eyes, legs, whatever else they have, except for one distinguishing, red characteristic. To say the least, I was won over with this idea.

You can see this one plus the other one (not the Pepper Potts one, the photoshop one I didn't talk about) plus everyone else's on The Weekly Sketchbook

No comments: