Tuesday, April 17, 2012

3D design Alien Project

Hey everyone! I mentioned last time that I submitted an art project to the student art show at my school. Well, guess what, it didn't make it... But it's all fun and games, because I got to see some of the pieces that did get it, and my piece is no where near the quality of those in the show. I took pictures with my phone of the process to make this creature for my 3D design class's Alien Project. I hope you like it more than the judges of the art show...:P

First, each of us in the class made a wire armature of the creature.

Then we had to cover it with aluminum foil and masking tape to make the aliens' bodies.
After that, we covered it with this awesome clay stuff.

Here he is all clayed-up.

And here is the finished product! I didn't care if I took a good pic of him, so I didn't.

I hope you enjoyed the process! By the way, I got the inspiration for my creature by looking at the art of Lindsay Feuer.