Thursday, March 8, 2012

Creature Confidants...

I can't think of a better day to talk about my favorite characters than today, my birthday...

When it comes to the topic of favorite characters, no greater characters are rejected more than the Creature Confidants. Let me explain what I mean.
Who is the fuzzy, or at least cuddly little friend of the main character that not only provides the comic relief, but is also the object upon which the main character can cast their thoughts, concerns, and hopes? The answer to that is none other than their best friend; their Creature Confidant. All too often have I seen great characters like Flounder, Abu, Pascal, that raccoon and hummingbird and other pets from Pocahontas, and the mice from Cinderella be completely forgotten by people when the topic of favorite characters are thrown out. And, even more often, have I seen these "best friends" be completely thrown out the window once the title character's prince (or princess) has come.
I have not forgotten about you, Creature Confidants, you caring wildlife you!

No comments: