Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Some quick sketches



Hey everyone! Happy New Year! Man, it is such a blessing to be on winter break, otherwise I wouldn't have drawn these little fellers here.

For Christmas I got two amazing books, The Art of Tangled, and a Disney Archives book on Animation. Both have been extremely helpful to look at and learn from, mostly because I am terrible at drawing females and animals. So, that's what I drew! Actually the first sketch I have up there I drew today as I was working on animal character designs for my awesome friend and brother in Christ, Foster. He's the guy who got me Photoshop! He works at Adobe, and on the side makes iphone/ipad apps. I have had the privilege of working on some characters for graphics that are going to go into one of his games! Don't know if this lion will be in it, but it was fun to draw so I thought I might as well put it up here.

One of my family's other gifts this year was The Lion King on blu-ray (I know, heavy on the Disney gifts this year, right?). The film is just as awesome as it has always been, blu-ray or not. Last night my youngest brother and I spent something like an hour and a half looking at the gallery while I sketched which really helped me figure out this drawing.

I am also working on storyboarding a short film with my friend who was the Assistant Director of another friend's short film which I helped storyboard way back when. Maybe I will actually get some storyboards from this film up here.

Happy Syllabus Day to all you who are starting school! And to the rest of us, Happy Rubbing in How Long Our Christmas Break Is Day! God bless!

No comments: