Thursday, May 5, 2011

Black and White and Rambly


Hey fellers. I haven't had time to do many more sketches, or photoshop work for that matter, so this is all you get. Both of these were concepts I have been working on for some time (especially the second one). The guy in the picture above is Tiki Man who is from a somewhat abandoned tv series I created called Tiki Man and Hammy Sam. The idea for the show was alright, but lacked the flair and wide range of characters I wanted for the concept. It's ok, however, I have hundreds of other ideas.
Guy number two is from a long developed story I have been working on probably since a little after I moved to Orange County. The story plays off the famed character, Buck Rogers, and the drawing here is of the main character of my version who is Buck Roger's son.

I did this drawing in the car on my family's epic road trip-tacular. All I can remember is it was done awkwardly on my lap, and Joey was bugging me about his pencil that I was using or something like that. Actually, I made up Tiki Man right before that same trip. Wow, good times. Not to be self-promoting, but you can read all about my epic-venture here.

Sorry about the long, rambly-ness, and the lack of color in this post. Summer has almost arrived, and I should be putting more photoshop work up once it comes. Until then, peace out.

3 comments:

Keiren said...

Wow nice work Ben! I made a kids book for Maia, but I am still working on the pictures. The book is called, The Kitten Who Thought She Was a Duckling.

Ben said...

That sounds great, Keiren!

Keiren said...

Thanks! Yours sounds better, though...