Wednesday, January 16, 2008

deceitful tongue

I got this e-mailed to me this week, it's kinda cool...

Top Ten Predictions for 2008 1. The Bible will still have all the answers. 2. Prayer will still work. 3. The Holy Spirit will still move. 4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people. 5. There will still be God-anointing preaching. 6. There will still be singing of praise to God. 7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people. 8. There will still be room at the Cross. 9. Jesus will still love you.10. Jesus will still save the lost

Anyway, kinda' cool, now about me!
It was interesting, two or three nights ago I fealt that God in my prayer time was prompting me to pray for speaking right things, and pray for my lying mouth. The next morning in my reading time I read Psalm 120-124, and Micah 7. This is how I started out my reading,
In my distress I called to the Lord, and he answered me. Deliver me, O Lord from my lying lips and deceitful tongue. What shall be given to you, and what more shall be done to you, you deceitful tongue? A warrior's sharp arrow, with glowing coals of the broom tree! (Psalm 120:1-4) Then a little later it says in verse 7 I am for peace, but when I speak, they are for war! In Micah 7:3 it says, Their hands are on what is evil, to do it well; the prince and the judge ask for a bribe, and the grerat man utters teh evil desire of his soul; thus they weave it together. And in Micah 7:5 it ends with, ...guard the doors of your mouth.
Those were the kind of things I was praying for, but it doesn't end there. While reading I was wondering, "I wonder if it will say what we should be doing with our mouths and words?" and it did. In Psalm 122:3, 4 Jerusalem-built as a city that is bound firmly together, to which the tribes go up, the tribes of the Lord, as decreed for Israel, to give thanks to the name of the Lord. So it says give thanks, then in 122:6, it says: Pray for the peace of Jerusalem! "May they be secure who love you! Then in 8, For my borthers and companions' sake I will say, "Peace be within you!" There is so much more I could post but I'll finish with this, in Micah 7:7, But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait for me the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.

1 comment:

Colin said...

Yeah, the tongue is a thing which has great power to build up and great power to tear down.... good to see you're thinking about this kind of thing.