Sunday, December 23, 2007

Love never ends

In this past week God has been showing me my sin, specifically patients, complaining, and laziness... this past week I have had, 'DDR' in my bible. No, not Dance Dance Revolution, I have been reading from the book of Psalms and Daniel. Hence, David and Daniel Reading...
But in those I have read about Love...Daniel's love for God even had enough faith to pray to God even when it was against the law...and Psalms is filled with David's love for God, in writing, singing, praising...but also in things I have been hearing, when I thought about love God brought these two parts of scripture to mind,

Rom 8:36 As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered." Rom 8:37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Rom 8:38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, Rom 8:39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Even tho' Paul was being pursacuted he showed his love for God by sharing..

and then the scripture that has been effecting me with the new 'additions' to our family,


1Co 13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
1Co 13:2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
1Co 13:4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
1Co 13:5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
1Co 13:6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
1Co 13:7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
1Co 13:8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.
1Co 13:9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
1Co 13:10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.
1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.
1Co 13:12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
1Co 13:13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love

I know it's long but please go back and read the whole thing...

think about it...

In some of my favorite poetic songs they call Jesus, Love...

think about it...

Love never ends

"So now faith, hope, and love, abide..."

think about that...

"...these three..."

"...but the greatest of these is love."

and that is exactlly what Jesus said,
why do you think we practice patients?

Love

why do we want to think about others?

Love

Why do we do anything that doesn't nesicerilly please ourselves? Love

Paul even goes so far as to say: "And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

Nothing...

I am nothing, without love...
...You are nothing without love...

Just like the songs say: Jesus is Love

Think about it...

We are nothing without Love
We are nothing without Jesus

Love never ends, because Jesus never ends

Now, I hope that you've made it past the bad spelling and got my point

We love because Jesus loves

No comments: