Friday, April 11, 2008

Look at the fat one.



This is an actual scene from my last visit to the San Diego zoo. At the orangutan cages a kind of "big" lady was looking at one such orangutan-individual and said, "Look at the fat one." Then turned to her friend, "Hey, you want a snack?" while taking a bite of something.
I've taken some liberties with some of the stuff in the drawing, the orangutan looking at the camera, the hot-dog she is eating, but other than that this is about how it was.

Just before this 'Saturday Night Live' skit happened before my eyes, was an elderly woman on her knees, making faces and seemed to be communicating with the orangutan that had walked up to the glass... From my observation they seemed to have a nice conversation. Must've been something in mutual interest like: kids, grandkids, or bananas or something. One of the three I'm sure.
Yes, out of all my times at the zoo I have found that some of the wildest things in the zoo, are the people there.

1 comment:

Emily said...

"Yes, out of all my times at the zoo I have found that some of the wildest things in the zoo, are the people there."
that's pretty awesome. zoos and amusement parks (and airports too =P) are great for people watching. lol.